Monday, March 15, 2010

Slaying Dragons


Have you ever read your old journals?  It is an enlightening read. I found a box containing some of my old journals and began to read them. Although I recognized my handwriting, I didn’t recognize the person. The person writing hadn’t embraced who she was. There was fear in her voice and her heart was broken.  She was afraid and unsure of herself and didn’t know how to pick herself up. When she looked in the mirror, she didn’t see that she was perfect, whole and complete. What she saw was imperfection and insecurity.

It takes courage to embrace the true essence of who you are.  To see yourself as perfect, and believe that you are perfection. It takes courage to see yourself with the same grace in which you see others. With the same compassion and love that you can give another, and yet withhold from yourself.  Yet, that is what the person writing these journals did, she found the courage and embarked on the journey of self-discovery and self-realization.

It takes courage to cast your beliefs about yourself aside and face the fear that is staring you in the face. To courageously face life in spite of whatever adversity you have been through in the past, and realizing it is the past. You cannot move through fear if you are afraid to face it. The first step is to give yourself permission to feel what you feel. To acknowledge it and say I see you, I know you, I understand you and I release you. When you allow yourself the courage to face your fear at each step, you take the power of fear away, and own your power. You feel the strength rise up and take hold. You look at yourself straight in the eye and say I LOVE YOU. I AM Perfect and I EMBRACE the true essence of who I AM! It is not an easy journey, however, it is a powerful journey. A journey that once taken changes your life in ways that before you had only imagined. 

My journey through the valley of fear did not happen overnight, nor has it ended.  It is a continuous journey and there are times when I find myself traveling the path of fear. The beauty is, I know I have slain the dragon of fear before and I know I can do it again.  You have the power to face whatever you are facing in your life right now. Surrender into the true essence of who you are and embrace the light that lives inside you. Allow it to guide you as you courageously slay the dragon of fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment